BASIC TABLE MANNERS
- It is best to order foods that can be eaten with a knife and fork. Finger foods can be messy and are best left for informal dining.
- Do not order alcoholic beverages. Drinking too much when dining out is one of the most disliked behaviors.
- Do not smoke while dining out.
- Sit up straight at the table. It makes a good impression.
- If food gets caught between your teeth and you can't remove it from your tongue, leave the table and go to a mirror where you can remove the food from your teeth in private.
- As a guest, you should not order one of the most expensive items on the menu or more than two courses unless your host indicates that it is all right.